Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Spirit that was .... (?)

The terror attacks are over. The life of those who have suffered will take some time to come to normal, for them its ….. no words. The life of those who have not suffered will also come to a normal, only because they were involved only through media and discussions. One more cricket match or probably one good reality show, that’s enough for them. I belong to later community.

Today, I am planning to go to community meeting to pay homage to all those who have died. I guess, we will be paying homage to our dying spirit. Yes, the dying spirit.
Now I have started seriously looking out for the cause of it.

Slowly, the answers started coming my way. The first immediate answer is that, I am me, myself and few others beloved in my life. “The fire” is in somebody else’s house why should I worry? Well, that’s age old symptom, how can I help it.

Then the interesting one, the idiot box, that was not so idiot when I started watching it some 20 years back. But now the news channel and TV serials run in my blood. I cant live without them, I can’t sleep without looking at some Bossy show, some laughter show, some news that tell me “Yes!! Sita and Ram” they existed and they use to bath their in Sri Lanka. Well, that’s how I eat my dinner. How do you think I have managed to stay healthy otherwise? Then I look at life around me. I look all my friends, acquaintance and other citizens of India. I have started to love them, for their “chalta hai” approach. I have started liking them when they don’t even show up patience at the road signal. I have started liking them because they are much more materialistic them I am and why they should not be, after all it’s their hard (?) earn money.

I am also looking at Tiger and Lions and of course different version of them. I like them when they come out to hit their own people but hid themselves when such terror attacks happen. And when everything is over they don’t even hesitate to put a sign board to salute the martyrs and below prominently putting up their names. I have started liking them. After all, it requires great deal of planning.

I look at TV journalist who is shouting for last 3 days (59 hours, I am sorry), when they ask “How do feel now?” to a person who has just came out of such a deadly attack. I love when they ask close relative of person inside Taj hotel “do you really think your person will come out now?’. I really have started liking them all. Without them my life would be incomplete, I would be unhappy. I will go mad. So what if they are killing my spirit?

But, what is hurting me is one sentence of NSG commando. Who after over powering terrorist said “Humare liye sab kuch aasan hai?”(For us everything is easy). This statement is somehow not allowing me to bid good bye to my spirit. The spirit to stand as Indian, to say I don’t want these TV channels, I don’t want tigers and lions, I don’t want to “chalta hai” approach. I want to be like them, like commando. I want to stand as Indian first and nobody else. Today, that NSG commando is my super hero. Thanks boss, for not letting my spirit die.

No comments:

Post a Comment